FLA is now accepting Graduate Scholarship applications through December 12, 2016!
The Florida Library Association (FLA) Scholarship Committee is pleased to announce that the application process for the 2017 scholarships is now open. The scholarships will be awarded in the spring of 2017 and scholarship recipients will be recognized at the 2017 Annual Conference.
The scholarship application deadline is December 12, 2016. All application materials must be submitted as one electronic file (PDF). Separate files will not be accepted.
The following scholarships are available:
Three Graduate scholarships ($2000 each) are available: one for a student attending Florida State University, one for a student at the University of South Florida and a third, the Minority scholarship, which may be used at either school.
To qualify for a Minority Scholarship, the candidate must belong to one of the following ethnic groups: Black/African American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian/Pacific Islander, or American Indian/Alaska Native. Eligible applicants can apply for more than one scholarship.
- Applicant must be a resident of Florida and have some experience in a Florida library;
- Be admitted to an accredited program at a Florida college or university or to a library/information graduate degree program at FSU or USF and not scheduled for degree completion in Spring 2017;
- Commit to working in a Florida library for a minimum of one year after graduation;
- Be an FLA member in good standing for 2017.
- Scholarship winners may be required to serve on an FLA committee during the year after graduation.
Full application information and materials can be found at: http://www.flalib.org/scholarships