NEFLIN’s 2017 Marketing Project will introduce concepts for improving the marketing of participating libraries. Nationally-recognized consultant Nancy Dowd will lead chosen NEFLIN members in creating library-specific marketing strategies for their libraries.
Congratulations to these 10 libraries and library systems who have been chosen for the 2017 Marketing Project!
- Alachua County Library District
- Clay County Public Library System
- College of Central Florida
- Columbia County Public Library System
- Florida Institute of Technology
- Jacksonville Public Library System
- Jacksonville University
- Putnam County Library System
- Stetson University
- University of Florida
The scope of this project includes:
- kickoff event at Thrasher-Horne Conference Center
- site visits at participating libraries
- follow-up consulting by phone
- final presentations at NEFLIN’s Annual Meeting
Nancy Dowd is the co-author of ALA’s bestselling book, Bite-Sized Marketing: Realistic Solutions for Overworked Librarians. She writes for the Library Journal and The M Word Blog and has spoken on the topic of marketing throughout the US and in Canada and Europe. In her previous position as director of marketing for the New Jersey State Library, she earned many marketing awards including the prestigious John Cotton Dana Award. She is currently the chair of the ALA’s Public Awareness Committee. She currently serves NoveList as the product lead for the development of a new marketing tool, LibraryAware.
Each participating library will receive a free copy of Nancy Dowd’s book “Bite-Sized Marketing: Realistic Solutions for Overworked Librarians.”