We are looking forward to our Marketing & Outreach Interest Group Spring Meeting on May 10th! This will be our first “hybrid” Interest Group meeting – we’ll have participants joining us at both the NEFLIN office and online. We are looking forward to a great discussion!
Marketing and Outreach Interest Group 05/10/18
May 10, 2018 / 9:30 AM / NEFLIN Headquarters
Welcome and Introductions
Please come prepared to talk about yourself, your interest in Marketing and/or Outreach, and any marketing projects with which you are currently involved.
What are your social media best practices?
- What social media does your location use?
- What audiences do you target with each platform?
- Do you use an aggregate services like Hoot Suite?
- Which libraries do you follow on social media for inspiration? What non libraries do you follow for inspiration?
- Can you talk about your social media strategy?
- How might public/academic/special libraries better use social media to promote libraries?
- What do you struggle with?
Library Social Media Resources
- Our next meeting will be in August or September, would anyone like to host?
- What would you like to focus on at upcoming meetings?
- Would anyone like to recommend a speaker for our group?
- Our group has a shared trello space for continuing to share ideas between meetings. Feel free to join and contribute.
- Is there anything else that you would like to share or discuss today?
- Neflin Lending Library Includes the following Marketing Items?
- Putting the User First
- Accidental Library Marketer
- Bite Sized Marketing
- Letting Go of the Words
- Libraries Create Success (DVD)
- Marketing Your Library (DVD)
- Merchandising Strategies (DVD)
- Rocket Surgery Made Easy
- Running a Successful Card Campaign
- Start a Revolution: Stop Acting Library a Library
- Tools of Engagement: Attracting and Engaging Users (DVD)
- Transforming Our Image, Building Our Brand
- Tactical Urbanism for Librarians