All NEFLIN member libraries are invited to participate in NEFLIN’s 2023-2024 Technology Assessment Project (TAP). This project is designed to help library staff, frontline staff in particular, build technology skills and knowledge so that they can serve patrons more effectively and confidently. TAP includes a Technology Skill Self-Assessment, targeted training, and a Post-Evaluation assessment to measure learning gains.
For this project, library administration will decide which staff members will participate. Administration can have all staff participate or choose specific individuals or departments. Library administration will distribute the initial Technology Skill Self-Assessment survey to their staff. Once a staff member completes the survey, they are considered a TAP participant and NEFLIN will be able to communicate with them directly.
Contact: Jenny Eason (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 904-278-5620)
- If you are not in a role to determine whether or not staff participate, please make sure the person at your library who does make those decisions receives this info.
- Email Jenny by Friday, September 29th, if your library is interested in participating. We will then send you more information and a link to the survey.
- Libraries may customize a limited number of questions to better suit their staff needs. Customizations can include adding a new question, opting out of a question, changing the wording of a question, etc. If you do wish to customize questions, email Jenny by October 6th with your customizations. Please limit to no more than 5 customizations. Once your customizations are complete, we will send you a final survey link to distribute to your staff. Once a staff member completes the survey, NEFLIN will record them as a project participant.
- If you do not wish to customize any questions, we will send you a final survey link on Monday, October 9th. Distribute the survey we send you to any staff member you would like to participate. Once a staff member completes the survey, NEFLIN will record them as a project participant.
- If you have questions or would like more information, join us on Thursday, Sept. 28th, at 10:00, for an informal Q&A. Email Jenny for access info.
- Send all customization requests to Jenny by October 6th.
- Libraries will receive their survey link after October 6th (once customizations are complete).
- Participants will complete the Self-Skill Assessment Pre-Test by November 3rd.
- Results and analysis will be shared with participating libraries before November 30th.
- Participants will complete self-paced training between January 15th and April 15th through NEFLIN’s Niche Academy platform.
- Participants will take the Post-Evaluation survey between April 15th and May 15th.
- Final results and analysis will be shared with participating libraries by May 31st.