NEFLIN classes are free of charge to staff from all Florida libraries. Priority is given to NEFLIN members. Registration is required for all classes and is open to library staff in Florida only.
If you are unable to attend a face-to-face or live online webinar you have registered for, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to cancel your registration.
Confirmations and Reminders
Email confirmations are sent upon class registration. If you do not receive a reservation, contact the NEFLIN office to make sure your registration is complete.
- Email reminders are sent two weeks ahead for face to face classes. Email reminders for webinars are sent one week prior to the class and will include access to information.
- A follow-up email will be sent to all registered attendees after the workshop or webinar takes place. This email will serve as certification of attendance and include a class evaluation and link to the recording of the webinar, when available.
- Registrants will receive an email invitation with GoToWebinar access information. To join a session from your invitation email:
- Open your GTW confirmation email
- Click the Join URL when it’s time to start. Do not share this URL with anyone, it is unique to you
- You may first need to download the Citrix Online file to launch GTW.
Additional GTW information
- For technical difficulties, please contact GTW support at 800-263-6317
- NEFLIN webinars default to use built-in audio conferencing. GTW recommends a USB headset connected to your computer for the best quality, but audio is also available using speakers connected to your computer.
- For participants who wish to use a telephone to dial-in to the audio conference, a long distance number will be provided in the invitation email for attendees.
- Please refer to the GTW Audio Help for Webinar Attendees information for other audio issues.
Explanation of NEFLIN Continuing Education Competencies
Essential Skills (includes Conflict Resolution, Personal Growth, Productivity and Organization, Leadership, etc.)
Collection Management and Development (includes Cataloging/Tech Services, Collection Development and Acquisitions, Collection Digitization, Resource Sharing/ILL, E-resource management, etc.)
Library Management (includes Disaster Planning, Grant Writing/Fundraising, Marketing, Staff Development, etc.)
Technology (includes Digitization, E-books/E-readers, Maker Technology, Web Design, etc.)
Library Programming and Services (includes programming, Information Literacy, Makerspaces, Marketing, Privacy, Readers’ Advisory, Social Media, etc.)